Most people don’t know that it’s illegal for attorneys to solicit clients. Although it’s an illegal and unethical practice, people are still taken advantage of after being injured in an accident. If you believe you have been colisited or are unsure of your rights, call us.
The Hurt Boss believes you should have a lawyer you can trust. As one of the most experienced and respected firms in Atlanta, we take pride in having built a reputation for honesty and transparency. If you believe you are the victim of an unethical lawyer, we may be able to get you a full refund for fees you paid and can help you get the full financial settlement you deserve. Call us at 1 (707) 878-2552 for a free consultation.
Georgia’s Laws on Illegal Solicitation
Most people don’t know that Georgia lawyers are required to wait at least 30 days from the time of an accident to call someone who is not already a client. Under Georgia law, soliciting a stranger before this time has passed is considered illegal solicitation. The State Bar of Georgia can even take away an attorney’s license because of it.
Being disbarred means a lawyer could lose the right to practice law altogether. It is the highest punishment the Bar Association can use when it comes to illegal solicitation.
Since 2014, Georgia state law has prohibited this practice. Lawyers who participate in illegal solicitation can face felony charges and can even be fined up to $100,000—in addition to refunding you all of the fees you paid them.
Get Your Money Back
Illegal solicitation is treated seriously because lawyers are supposed to look out for your best interests. The American court system depends on lawyers acting in good faith and being accountable to their clients. If they serve their personal financial interests instead, you are entitled to get your money back for any fees you paid.
- You can fire your lawyer at any time and seek to get your money back.
If your case is already settled, you can keep it and still get your money back for any fees you paid.
- If your case is still in progress, you can have a new attorney take it over. Your new lawyer can get you the settlement you deserve and make sure you don’t owe your previous lawyer a dime.
- If you think you have been the victim of illegal solicitation, call us. The Hurt Boss is here to welcome you as a valued client and will ensure you stay informed every step of the way. We can help you get your money back and ensure you receive the financial recovery you deserve.
The Hurt Boss is a personal injury law firm dedicated to providing quality legal services to clients who have been injured by someone else’s negligence. We work tirelessly for our clients to secure quality medical treatment, negotiate fair settlements, and get our clients back to living a happy and healthy life again. By upholding the highest level of professionalism, we treat our clients like family and ensure they are well informed about their case. At The Hurt Boss, we believe that every client matters.
At The Hurt Boss:
- The client comes first, always.
- We will communicate honestly and transparently, and keep our clients informed.
- We will create unique strategies—because every case is different.
- We will uphold the highest level of professionalism.
- We will remain accountable, compassionate, and knowledgeable.